Saturday, December 09, 2006

It's the annual discussion.

I rather enjoyed this True Confessions of an Egg Nog Addict. It appears he's rather partial to the store-bought brands, but I did come across this recipe for a single serving Egg Nog for those who feel that store-bought just isn't quite right. Personally, I opt for sherry with my nog if I'm not drinking it plain, but other people say that rum or cognac is good as well.

Nog in hand, one can then consider which interpretation of Ebenezer Scrooge rings the most true: George C. Scott (1984), Patrick Stewart (1999), Michael Caine (1997) or Mr. Magoo (1962) . The two Offspring are partial to the Muppet version with Michael Caine, my husband really prefers the George C. Scott version, and I love the lyrics to the music of the Mr. Magoo version (...with razzleberry dressing...). We mean no disrespect to the 1951 Alistair Sim version, of course, but we did think that the Cratchits looked rather too prosperous in that one.

Meanwhile, my husband bought the tree and now we have to negotiate the decorating of it. Now or wait 'til the boys come home?