Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Holidays H'Exhaustion

Okay, so with the exception of the blog posts about books, I did get through the bulk of my to-do list. I baked soda bread and did the overnight french toast for Christmas morning; I wrapped two iPods so creatively they really were a surprise to the recipients. I visited family in West Virginia with offspring in tow. I filled Spouse's stocking with stuff from Staples. I must have got it all done because I now feel totally wiped out. My brain went on this morning at 5 a.m. for no good reason and I have been walking around for most of the day with a foggy brain and ever-so-slightly-strained vision.

At some point in the next 45 minutes, we will go out to run errands. I need to lay in stores of half-off gift wrap for next year's wrapping. I'm hoping it all didn't disappear yesterday during the day-after-Christmas sales. I need to think about how best to deal with a busted "sump pump" that went down during the evening of the 23rd as one offspring tried to do his laundry. We've called a plumber but it's the short work week between Christmas and New Year's. At the moment, Spouse is running periodic loads of laundry to a neighborhood laundromat that provides wash-dry-and-fold services. I'd protest the price but they do a really nice job.

Book blog postings back in a day or two...