Monday, March 05, 2007

Three Things Meme

Posted just for curiosity's sake,

  1. Three things that scare me: icy sidewalks, roller coasters, and snakes.
  2. Three people who make me laugh: Offspring #1 and #2 and Robin Williams
  3. Three things I love: books, time off, and *relaxed* travel
  4. Three things I hate: Feeling rushed, a sense of boredom, and any conference speaker too lazy to fill out a single page form.
  5. Three things I don't understand: Our society's constant need for speed, any lurid interest in celebrity, and the need to constantly market things.
  6. Three things on my desk: computer, phone, stacks and stacks and stacks of paper.
  7. Three things I'm doing right now: typing, listening to a old Sherlock Holmes television episode on A&E, and worrying whether I have adequately trained my sons for success in the long-run.
  8. Three things I want to do before I die: tour the UK without being stressed by either time or money, turn a spare bedroom into a formal library, beat into people's heads the idea that Google is not the answer to their information difficulties.
  9. Three things I *can* do: bake, write and talk to total strangers
  10. Three things you should listen to: bubble gum music from the 'sixties (for fun), gregorian chant (for concentration) and Rossini's William Tell Overture
  11. Three things you should never listen to: flattery from business acquaintances, heavy metal music, and weathermen who predict the "Storm of the Century" without being able to deliver a day off.
  12. Three things I'd like to learn: Ballroom dancing, line dancing and...something else
  13. Three favourite foods: Perfectly cooked roast beast, hot buttered crumpets, and tiramisu
  14. Three beverages I drink regularly: Starbucks lattes, 2% milk, and bottled water.
  15. Three TV shows/books I watched/read as a kid: Roman People by Olivia Coolidge, An Old-Fashioned Girl by Louisa May Alcott, and Daphne's Cartoon Castle (local TV kids programming in Wash. DC)
(Originally written about a month ago and never posted...)