Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Wahoo! Woot! and Other Joyful Noises (Updated)


Carl is doing another Once Upon A Time challenge. I missed participation in last year's and I'm not missing this one!

Don't know which Quest I will pick as yet, but I am looking forward to reading some Patricia McKillip (specifically, Alphabet of Thorn). If you are looking for a recommendation, I can heartily push Guy Gavriel Kaye on you (Lions of Al-Rassan). For that matter, you might want to look at the Ozark Trilogy by Suzette Haden Elgin.

I'd write more, but I'm trying to catch up on visits to other people's blogs this evening...

Update: My titles for Quest the First (for the moment) appear below:

  1. Alphabet of Thorn by Patricia McKillip
  2. Spells of Enchantment: The Wondrous Fairy Tales of Western Culture by Jack Zipes
  3. The Acts of King Arthur and His Noble Knights - John Steinbeck
  4. Wintersmith by Terry Pratchett
  5. The House of Arden by E. Nesbit
  6. D'aulaire's Book of Greek Myths by Ingri D'Aulaire
I'm still making up my mind as to whether I want to do #5 or #6. Didi uses D'Aulaire in her classroom, so I have to think it's a worthwhile read.