Saturday, September 22, 2007

That Wretched TBR Pile


My pile at present looks like this:

  1. Faith in the Halls of Power: How Evangelicals Joined the Elite - D. Michael Lindsay (Oxford University Press, USA (2007). Absolutely engrossing documentation of a three-year research project!
  2. The Ice House - Minette Walters. St. Martin's Paperbacks (1993). Must finish this re-read as I'm talking about it at the library on Thursday.
  3. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde - Robert L. Stevenson. Vintage (1991). For the RIP challenge. I've finished it, just haven't written the review.
  4. Merle's Door: Lessons from a Free-Thinking Dog - Ted Kerasote. Orlando: Harcourt, Inc., (2007). Loving this one. I'm a sucker for a good dog; I never seem to meet the criteria of cats although I am usually willing to feed them as necessary.
  5. Jane Austen in Hollywood - Linda Troost. Lexington: University Press of Kentucky, (2001)
  6. The Country of Pointed Firs - Sarah Orne Jewett. As contained in Library of America, New York (1994). For the Outmoded Authors Challenge.
  7. Tipperary - Frank Delaney. Started it and then got distracted. Must do a review for LT!
So I am being constructive; I'm just not zipping along as quickly as I would like.