8 random things:
(1) Sense and Sensibility is my favorite of Jane Austen’s novels, but Mansfield Park runs a close second.
(2) During college, I was at various times an English major, a history major and an art history major. (I *am* above all else a generalist.)
(3) Also in college, I played Viola in Twelfth Night. “She never told her love, But let concealment, like a worm i' the bud, feed on her damask cheek: she pined in thought, And with a green and yellow melancholy, she sat like patience on a monument”
(4) I love Katherine Hepburn movies, even the so-called bad ones, like Quality Street.
(5) I make good Irish soda bread.
(6) The highest number of books I’ve ever read in a single year (that I can document) is 56.
(7) The smallest airport through which I have ever flown was the airport in Monterey, California. They had exactly *one* luggage carousel at the time.
(8) I have lived in or visited the following cities, Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Washington (DC), Seattle, San Francisco, Atlanta, New York, Amsterdam (Netherlands), Bangkok (Thailand) and Oxford (UK). This likely sounds more glamorous than it really was.
Following the Rules:
The rules -
1: Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2: People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
3: At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names.
4: Don't forget to leave them a comment and tell them they're tagged, and to read your blog.
Didi at Minute Marginalia
Melanie of Indextrious Reader
Sandra of Book World
Sylvia of Classical Bookworm
Ann of Patternings
Melody of Redeeming Qualities
Karen of Cornflower
Mary *and* Wilhelm of Mary’s Library
I know the rules say I'm supposed to drop by everyone's blogs and leave a comment, but I think I may have used up my available time (so I hope those tagged actually will read this entry and forgive my haste). And remember that it's not a formal obligation of any sort...